SearchSkip to Search Results
- 475Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 221Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/AOSERP Reports
- 83Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Government of Alberta Reports
- 72Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
- 61Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Syncrude Canada Ltd. Reports
- 33Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 6Article (Draft / Submitted)
- 5Research Material
- 2Conference/Workshop Poster
- 2Conference/Workshop Presentation
- 10Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 9Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 5Department of Renewable Resources
- 4Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- 1Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2Ulrich, Ania (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 2Zeng, Hongbo (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Askari-Nasab, Hooman (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Choi, Phillip (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Choi,Phillip (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
Athabasca tar sands study: Interim report on environmental constraints and research priorities for mining/hot water extraction technologyDownload
Recommendations: 1. Determine the location and capacity of natural drainage basins (if any) within the mineable area which could be dedicated to the storage of tailings without detriment to the environment. 2. In future the storage of tailings in dyked ponds on the banks of the Athabasca River...
Over the past ten years, soil reconstruction in the reclamation of agricultural lands has received increasing attention, particularly in the Plains Coal Region of Canada and the United States. Despite this considerable level of research activity, some time remains before we will know how to...
This literature review provides an understanding of ecological resilience as a concept to promote successful land reclamation in Alberta’s mineable oil sands region by exploring four key issues: Defining ecological resilience for boreal forest ecosystems, and assessing whether this definition can...
This report overviews major water quality patterns and trends for the Athabasca River and its major tributaries. In doing so it compares water quality data with surface water quality objectives, identifies spatial and temporal patterns, defines major factors affecting water quality,...
A preliminary investigation into the magnitude of fog occurrence and associated problems in the oil sands areaDownload
Water and ice fogs were investigated for the existing situation (GCOS) and a potential situation (GCOS, Syncrude, plus three more plants). Based on meteorological and historical fog data, Fort McMurray Airport experiences 4 to 5 days with ice fog and 18 total days with fog per year. There is...
This study was initiated in early 1976 during the early stages of the Alberta Oil Sands Environmental Research Program. The goal of the project was the establishment of criteria safeguarding fish from toxic effects of mixtures of vanadium, nickel, and phenol to fish. All three constituents are...
There are two reports in Volume I: Visser, S., C. Griffiths and D. Parkinson, 1984. Reinstatement of biological activity in severely disturbed soils: Effects of mining on the microbiology of three minespoils after amendation and planting. 283 pp. Abstract: Soil microorganisms and their...
Distribution, abundance and habitat associations of beavers, muskrats, mink and river otters in the AOSERP study area, Northeastern AlbertaDownload
A synthesis of the published literature on the habitat preferences of beavers, muskrats, mink and river otters is presented. Field studies conducted during the late autumn of 1978 included aerial surveys and track counts in snow. A total of 249 active beaver lodges were seen on 2550 km of...
Ectomycorrhizae of Jack Pine and Green Alder: Assessment for the Need for Innoculation, Development of Innoculation Techniques, and Outplanting Trials on Oil Sands TailingsDownload
The overall objectives of these studies were to characterize the mycorrhizal status of jack pine and green alder which are prime candidates as reclamation species for oil sand tailings and to determine the potential benefits of mycorrhizae on plant performance. This entailed determining the...
This report deals with the impact on the construction workers living in camp and their families and the impact of the camp, camp organization, and camp occupants on the surrounding area. After outlining the methodology and terms of reference, the regional contexts, historical background, and...