SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Ahmad, Rafiq
- 1Ahmad, Safiya
- 1Barker, Tom (Supervisor)
- 1Barlow, Susanna
- 1Berry, T. R.
- 1Bissonette, Anne
- 13Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 13Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 3Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 3Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 3WISEST Summer Research Program
- 3WISEST Summer Research Program/WISEST Research Posters
- 4Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 3Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 1Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 1Department of Modern Languages and Cultural Studies
- 1Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine
- 2Lipsett, Michael (Mechanical Engineering)
- 1Amirfazli, Alidad (Mechanical Engineering, York University)
- 1Checkel, M. David (Mechanical Engineering
- 1Cruz-Noguez, Carlos (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Driver, Robert (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Fleck, Brian (Mechanical Engineering)
This paper presents a study on feedback on touch screen user interfaces devices and how it impacts the use of the device by an individual. This paper looks at how the feedback may help or hinder the usability of a product. There is a focus in the paper on health care devices with touch screen...
Anisotropic particles have generated an enormous amount of research interest due to their applications for drug delivery, electronic displays and as micromotors. However, up till now, there is no single protocol capable of generating particles of “patchy” composition with a variety of...
Fluence is an exhibit catalogue produced by the Visual Arts Students Association that aims to showcase the diversity of the artistic practice of current University of Alberta students. This project is produced in collaboration with the Department of Art and Design and the Undergraduate Research...
Canada has the third largest oil reserves in the world where 97% of these reserves are located in the oil sands, Alberta province. The product resulted from the extraction of oil sands reserves is called bitumen which can be diluted and shipped to the market or it can be proceeded and upgraded...
Design, Simulation and Evaluation of Effective Industrial Information Systems: Case of Machine Condition Monitoring and Maintenance Management Information SystemsDownload
Industrial information systems can improve the management of industrial operations by providing relevant and timely information on the status of physical assets via condition and process monitoring systems, and by enabling the effective use of data by systems and processes that restore proper...
A longitudinal and cross-sectional examination of the relationship between reasons for choosing a neighbourhood, physical activity and body mass indexDownload
Abstract: Background: The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between body mass index and neighborhood walkability, socioeconomic status (SES), reasons for choosing neighborhoods, physical activity, fruit and vegetable intake, and demographic variables. Methods: Two studies,...