SearchSkip to Search Results
- 9102Gruhn, Dr. Ruth
- 6559Bryan, Dr. Alan L.
- 4824Hill Times Publishing
- 4345Toronto Stock Exchange
- 3454Meghan Ward
- 2546Bryan, Alan L., Dr.
- 3789Stock exchanges--Canada--Tables--Periodicals
- 3656Toronto Stock Exchange--Periodicals
- 3154lithic tools
- 23372Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 23372Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 11163University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources
- 9203Anthropology, Department of
- 9185Anthropology, Department of/Bryan/Gruhn Archaeology Collection
- 4150University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/Daily Record (Toronto Stock Exchange)
- 4038Article (Published)
- 2779Research Material
- 848Conference/Workshop Presentation
- 1599Department of Educational Psychology
- 1097Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 920Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 885Department of Computing Science
- 786Department of Chemistry
- 776Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 43Xu, Zhenghe (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 32Huang, Biao (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 31Kumar, Amit (Mechanical Engineering)
- 29Stroulia, Eleni (Computing Science)
- 27Liu, Qingxia (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 25Al-Hussein, Mohamed (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Interactions among Nitrogen Input, Nitrification Inhibition, Edaphic and Environmental Conditions on N2O Fluxes and associated Biological Processes in Central Alberta SoilsDownload
Increasing atmospheric concentration of nitrous oxide (N2O) emissions due to intensified human activities is of concern, as N2O is not only a precursor for stratospheric ozone destruction but also an important greenhouse gas. Agriculture accounted for about 82% of the anthropogenic N2O production...
Axial patterning of the developing vertebrate eye is crucial for proper axon pathfinding, as well as critically important morphogenetic events such as closure of the ocular fissure. Perturbations in eye morphogenesis can lead to ocular coloboma (failed ocular fissure closure) and microphthalmia...
Differential responses in placenta and fetal thymus at 12 days post infection elucidate mechanisms of viral level and fetal compromise following PRRSV2 infectionDownload
Background:A pregnant gilt infected with porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) can transmit the virus to her fetuses across the maternal-fetal-interface resulting in varying disease outcomes. However,the mechanisms leading to variation in fetal outcome in response to PRRSV...
Formation of taste-active amino acids, amino acid derivatives and peptides in food fermentations – A reviewDownload
Fermented foods are valued for their rich and complex odour and taste. The metabolic activity of food-fermenting microorganisms determines food quality and generates odour and taste compounds. This communication reviews the formation of taste-active amino acids, amino acid derivatives and...
Putting the microbiota to work: Epigenetic effects of early life antibiotic treatment are associated with immune-related pathways and reduced epithelial necrosis following Salmonella Typhimurium challenge in vitroDownload
Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium is an animal welfare and public health concern due to its ability to parasite livestock and potentially contaminate pork products. To reduce Salmonella shedding and the risk of pork contamination, antibiotic therapy is used and can contribute to...
Type 2 porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus infection increases apoptosis at the maternal-fetal interface in late gestation pregnant giltsDownload
The pathogenesis of fetal death associated with porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) is hypothesized to be a consequence of PRRS virus-induced apoptosis at the maternal-fetal interface (MFI). The objectives of this study were to evaluate distribution and degree of apoptosis in...
Birds can be used as indicators to monitor success of programs encouraging prairie landowners to increase biodiversity. Using a case study from Alberta, Canada, this paper compares bird diversity measures at the farm scale and examines their consistency across different habitat types to test for...
Background: Cancer-associated venous thromboembolism (VTE) is associated with significant morbidity and mortality. Cancer patients are at higher risk of VTE recurrence despite anticoagulation and bleeding complications while on anticoagulation. There are some risk factors of bleeding...
The past two decades have seen a sustained growth in the number of Japanese mystery and detective comics (manga) publications that feature boys (and girls) as crime fighting agents. While the earliest incarnation of the boy detective character type can be traced to the works of Edogawa Rampo...
Analyzing Network Connectivity by Cyclist Comfort: An Empirical Reappraisal of the Four Types of Cyclists Typology and Level of Traffic Stress FrameworkDownload
North America is seeing a resurgence of interest in cycling both for recreation and as a transportation mode. Cycling is touted as a means to reduce traffic congestion and its GHG emissions and pollution, increase livability, and provide a remedy to inactivity and its related health problems....