SearchSkip to Search Results
- 95Book reviews
- 46Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
- 35Book Reviews
- 13Acute Disease
- 49Philosophy, Department of
- 49Philosophy, Department of/Book Reviews (Philosophy)
- 47University of Alberta Libraries
- 47University of Alberta Libraries/Libraries Staff Publications
- 32Emergency Medicine, Department of
- 32Emergency Medicine, Department of/Reviews (Emergency Medicine)
A Book Review of A Friend In Hope: a Story About Hope's Journey with a Brain Tumour by M. Zammit & E. DornbuschDownload
This is a book review of a storybook written originally in English by Marisa Zammit and illustrated by Erica Dornbusch under the title A Friend In Hope: a Story About Hope's Journey with a Brain Tumour. The author also reviews the French translation Mon amie Claire: L'histoire de Claire et de sa...
Introduction: Richard Dawkins and Stephen Jay Gould are both dedicated Darwinians. Despite this, for the last few decades these two scientists have argued fiercely about how evolutionary history and mechanisms are to be viewed. The debate has been fought out before a general, rather than...
Accounting for vertebrate limbs: from Owen’s homology to novelty in evo-devo [Review of the book Richard Owen’s On the Nature of Limbs: A Discourse, by ed. R. Amundson]Download
Introduction: This article reviews the recent reissuing of Richard Owen’s On the Nature of Limbs and its three novel, introductory essays. These essays make Owen’s 1849 text very accessible by discussing the historical context of his work and explaining how Owen’s ideas relate to his larger...