SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 2Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of
- 2Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of/Research Publications (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
Effects of energy development on habitat use of an avian peatland specialist and generalist at multiple spatial scalesDownload
With the persistent demand for petroleum energy products, the energy development footprint in northern Alberta continues to expand, perforating habitat in the boreal forest. Modern in situ, or below ground, bitumen extraction techniques have broadened the extent of accessible reserves and are...
Home range size estimates are often used to assess the amount of space required for animals to perform the activities essential for their survival and reproduction. However, in moving environments, traditional home range estimates may be ill suited to this task. In particular, traditional home...
In this study, we explore how the functional response framework can be imple- mented in pest management. Here, managers take the role of predators foraging on pests and facing monetary costs for survey and control in a spatial domain where the pest distribution and control strategy do not have to...