SearchSkip to Search Results
- 28Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 28Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 16Toolkit for Grant Success
- 16Toolkit for Grant Success/Successful Grants (Toolkit for Grant Success)
- 2Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)
- 2Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)/Children, Youth and Family (Edmonton Social Planning Council)
- 4Physical Education and Recreation
- 3Department of Secondary Education
- 2Department of Anthropology
- 2Department of Educational Psychology
- 2Department of History and Classics
- 2Department of Sociology
- 1 Sywenky, Irene (Modern Languages and Cultural Studies)
- 1Ali, Samina (Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine)
- 1Berry, Tanya (Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation)
- 1Carson, Valerie (Physical Education and Recreation); Spence, John C. (Physical Education and Recreation)
- 1Conrad, Diane (Secondary Education)
- 1Dr. Alison Taylor (Educational Policy)
The past two decades have seen a sustained growth in the number of Japanese mystery and detective comics (manga) publications that feature boys (and girls) as crime fighting agents. While the earliest incarnation of the boy detective character type can be traced to the works of Edogawa Rampo...
SSHRC Awarded IG 2018: This Aboriginal and community-based, participatory research project aims to co-create knowledge about the holistic (emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual) benefits to Indigenous youth of participating in northern games, and to identify factors that might be modified to...
(Re)Imagining inclusion in ways that foster belonging in the lives of disabled children and youthDownload
For the greater part of the twentieth century, thanks in part to disability rights movements around the world, disabled children and youth have increasingly been afforded access to community spaces, such as schools and classrooms; and activities, such as inclusive recreation programs, alongside...
A School-Based Randomized Controlled Trial to Improve Physical Activity among Iranian High School GirlsDownload
Background: Physical activity (PA) rates decline precipitously during the high school years and are consistently lower among adolescent girls than adolescent boys. Due to cultural barriers, this problem might be exacerbated in female Iranian adolescents. However, little intervention research has...
The purpose of the current study was to explore the HIV testing behaviours of Canadian Aboriginal youth, who have an increased vulnerability to HIV infection. In our mixed method study, 28 Aboriginal youth participated in an in-depth, semi-structured interview and 413 youth from all ten provinces...
This research broadly examines how people consider two opposing but compelling ideas and whether they synthesize the two concepts or reject one of them. Specifically, I focused my research on evangelical Protestant adolescents who participate in church youth groups and look at how they negotiate...
Adolescents' Decisions to be (In)Active: Relationships between Automatic Associations, Affective Reactions, and Deliberate ReflectionsDownload
It is well understood that the majority of adolescents today do not meet the current physical activity (PA) recommendations of 60 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous activity every day. In exploring adolescents’ motivation to engage in PA, previous research has mostly taken an explicit approach by...
Adolescents’ safety on the Internet is a prime concern in society. Sexual predators use the online environment regularly to solicit adolescents for sexual purposes; however, we know very little about the experiences of adolescents who become victimized in this way. This research used a thematic...
The purpose of this participatory research was to explore connections with the land in an urban sport context among Indigenous youth. Two research questions guided this study: (a) What does a connection with the land look like in an urban sport context?, and (b) How can connections with the land...