SearchSkip to Search Results
- 94Canada--Nunavut (NWT)-- [Arviat [Eskimo Point]]
- 44Rites & ceremonies
- 42Canada--Nunavut [NWT]-- [Arviat [Eskimo Point]]
- 35Older people
- 203Halpern, Joel Martin
- 3Richter, S.
- 2Alberta Centre for Active Living
- 2Ghali, W.A.
- 1Addo, Ping-Ann
- 203Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive
- 203Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive/Northern North America Collection
- 27Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 27Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 7Nursing, Faculty of
- 7Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 11Article (Published)
- 9Research Material
- 1Conference/Workshop Presentation
- 4Department of English and Film Studies
- 3Faculty of Nursing
- 2Department of Educational Policy Studies
- 2Department of Educational Psychology
- 2Department of Political Science
- 2Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation
- 1Abu-Laban, Yasmeen (Political Science)
- 1Barton, Sylvia (Nursing)
- 1Berry, Tanya (Faculty of Kinesiology, Sport and Recreation)
- 1Berry, Tanya (Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation)
- 1Beverly Lemire, History & Classics, Human Ecology
- 1Bonita Watt (Professor, Faculty of Education - Secondary Education Dept Associate Chair (Graduate), Faculty of Education - Secondary Education Dept)
My purpose in this research was to examine women contemporary dancers’ positive experiences. While previous research in women’s dance experiences exit, it tends to focus on the negative outcomes of dance participation. Using a phenomenologically inspired approach I sought to answer the following...
One of the Dialogue of the Saviour’s most prominent features is the female character Mary who participates with other disciples in a discussion with Jesus. Most texts in the Nag Hammadi codices including the Dialogue of the Saviour have been traditionally labeled as Gnostic. This study...
(Not) White: The Autobiography of my Biracial Body combines historical research with creative nonfiction and autobiography. I trace the history of scientific racism from the late 1800s to 1960s, from the American Emancipation to the Civil Rights Movement, from the era of my white...
A Narrative Inquiry into the Experiences of Young Women with Learning Difficulties involved in the Criminal Justice SystemDownload
Young women with learning difficulties are over-represented in the criminal justice system. They are more likely to be arrested, charged, sentenced, incarcerated, and re-incarcerated. A literature review revealed an emerging body of research within the disciplines of disability studies and...
A retrospective study was performed using the case files of women shelter users to profile and describe the factors that are associated with homelessness in the women population in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Case files (660) were extracted by selecting every fifth file in each group (one group...
The purposes of this dissertation were to examine the relationship between weight stigma and physical activity (PA) from the perspective of women with obesity and investigate strategies that may reduce the impact of PA-related weight stigma. I conducted three studies to address these objectives. ...
A randomized, controlled trial of ginseng consumption on the immune response to a moderate exercise stress protocol in non-athletic womenDownload
Background: Ginseng is a popular herbal remedy that has been proposed to increase resistance to stress and enhance immune function. Regular moderate exercise results in an acute physiological stress that affects immune function. Objective: This study was conducted to investigate the effects of...