SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Transmission electron microscopy
- 13D Reconstruction
- 1Accumulative roll bonding
- 1Ball milling
- 1Cell wall apposition
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Electrical and Computer Engineering, Department of
- 1Electrical and Computer Engineering, Department of/Research Materials (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
Endomembrane system of aspen roots plays a key role in defense against a common fungal endophyte Cryptosporiopsis radicicolaDownload
The host-endophyte interaction between roots of aspen (Populus tremuloides) andCryptosporiopsis radicicola was examined primarily by transmission electron microscopy. Hyphae growing on the exterior of the inoculated roots had a thick, electron-dense, adhesive sheath. At hyphal contact and...
Microstructure-property correlation in magnesium-based hydrogen storage systems- The case for ball-milled magnesium hydride powder and Mg-based multilayered compositesDownload
The main focus of this thesis is the characterization of defects and microstructure in high-energy ball milled magnesium hydride powder and magnesium-based multilayered composites. Enhancement in kinetics of hydrogen cycling in magnesium can be achieved by applying severe plastic deformation. A...
S.R. Jim Thesis Appendix B - Numerical Analysis Scripts
This archive collects programming scripts used in the analysis of data presented in the thesis: S.R. Jim, Nanoengineered Glancing Angle Deposition Thin Films for Ultrathin-Layer Chromatography, PhD Thesis, University of Alberta (Edmonton, Canada) (2014). The first two unedited scripts were used...
In studies of nanoscale materials, electron tomography (ET) can be used to obtain three dimensional information on the morphology and spatial distribution of nanoparticles. Electron tomography records a tilt series of projected images of an object and then mathematically reconstructs a 3D map of...