SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Stochastic approximation
- 3Heavy tails
- 3Linear process
- 3Long-range dependence
- 3Marcinkiewicz strong law of large numbers
- 2Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of
- 2Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of/Research Publications (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
- 1Computing Science, Department of
- 1Computing Science, Department of/Technical Reports (Computing Science)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
Outer Products and Stochastic Approximation Algorithms in a Heavy-tailed and Long-range Dependent SettingDownload
Classical time-series theories are mainly concerned with the statistical analysis of light-tailed and short-range dependent stationary linear processes. Applications in network theory and financial mathematics lead us to consider time series models with heavy tails and long memory. Heavy-tailed...
Technical report TR09-13. This article presents a survey of reinforcement learning algorithms for Markov Decision Processes (MDP). In the first half of the article, the problem of value estimation is considered. Here we start by describing the idea of bootstrapping and temporal difference...