SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative/Journal Articles & Research Abstracts (Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative)
- 1Mechanical Engineering, Department of
- 1Mechanical Engineering, Department of/Journal Articles (Mechanical Engineering)
Mechanisms of Aggregation and Separation of Water and Solids from Bitumen Froth using Cluster Size DistributionDownload
The large-scale corrosion and equipment damage caused by water and solids respectively in bitumen froth necessitate their removal using various methods. This study is aimed at understanding how water and solids aggregate (water-water, water-solid and solid-solid) in bitumen froth and what the...
This thesis is concerned with applications of modern solid-state NMR spectroscopy. Investigations of three quite different types are undertaken, each of which attempt to advance knowledge in the fields of chemistry and NMR. The goal of each project is to obtain insight into the effects of...
The Effects of Microstructure and Confinement on the Compressive Fragmentation of an Advanced CeramicDownload
We investigate the rate-dependent compressive failure and fragmentation of a hot-pressed boron carbide, under both uniaxial and confined biaxial compression, using quantitative fragment analysis coupled with quantitative microstructural analysis. Two distinct fragmentation regimes are observed,...