SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Philosophy, Department of
- 1Philosophy, Department of/Book Chapters (Philosophy)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
Family Trees: Sympathy, Comparison and the Proliferation of the Passions in Hume and his PredecessorsDownload
Hume dubbed his Treatise account of the passions “new and extraordinary” — an assessment echoed by many contemporary scholars, who find his analysis of the social operation of the emotions particularly innovative. But Hume's explanation of how passions and sentiments are transferred, shared,...
This thesis explores the market efficiency in the US and Canadian corporate bond markets through examining the profitability and time variations of two widely studied asset pricing anomalies, i.e., the momentum effect and the return seasonality. The momentum effect refers to the abnormal gains...
SSHRC Awarded IG 2016: My research is directed at clarifying the familiar, but poorly understood notions of passion, power and representation. These concepts play distinct roles in diverse branches of philosophy, but they intersect naturally in several places, and examined together, they may...