SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
Assessment of the mechanisms exerting glucose-lowering effects of dried peas in glucose-intolerant ratsDownload
The present study compared the effects of feeding uncooked pea fractions (embryo v. seed coat) on glucose homeostasis in glucose-intolerant rats and examined potential mechanisms influencing glucose homeostasis. Rats were made glucose intolerant by high-fat feeding, after which diets containing...
The secretogranin II-derived peptide secretoneurin stimulates luteinizing hormone secretion from gonadotrophs.Download
Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) is a member of the glucagon/secretin peptide family, and its molecular structure is highly conserved in vertebrates. In this study, the functional role of PACAP in regulating GH release in the goldfish was investigated. Using...
γ-Aminobutyric Acid Up-Regulates the Expression of a Novel Secretogranin-II Messenger Ribonucleic Acid in the Goldfish PituitaryDownload
An RNA-arbitrarily primed PCR differential display strategy was used to identify candidate genes in the pituitary that are up-regulated by endogenously activated g-aminobutyric acid (GABA) systems that may also be involved in the control of reproduction. Goldfish were injected with the GABA...