SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of
- 2Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program/Other Research Publications (Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
The Downie Slide case history demonstrates the importance of detailed site investigation and long-term monitoring, as well as the need for reinterpretation of the local geologic, structural, and groundwater conditions, and reassessment of slope stability as new information becomes available....
First records of syn-diagenetic non-tectonic folding in Quaternary thermogene travertines caused by hydrothermal incremental veining.Download
Alçiçek, M.C., Alçiçek, H., Altunel, E., Arenas, C., Bons, P., Brogi, A., Capezzuoli, E., de Riese, T., Della Porta, G., Gandin, A., Guo, L., Jones, B., Karabacak, V., Kershaw, S., Liotta, D., Mindszenty, A., Pedley, M., Ronchi, P., Swennen, R., Temiz, U.
This study is the first documentation of syn-diagenetic non-tectonic contractional deformations observed in two Pleistocene thermogene travertine deposits from the late Miocene-Pleistocene Tuscan extensional-hydrothermal province (Italy). The deposits consist of primary porous beds hosting...
The rugged karst terrain developed on the dolostones of the Miocene Cayman Formation (Fm) on Grand Cayman includes numerous large cavities that formed through the activity of tree roots. The surfaces of those cavities are coated with laminated calcrete crusts up to 8 cm thick that are formed of...
To evaluate the applicability and expand the limit of the Zintl-Klemm concept, many new alkali-metal pnictides were synthesized by high temperature solid reactions in A-M-Pn or A-Tt-Pn ternary systems and A-M-Tt-Pn quaternary systems (A = Na, K, Rb; M = Mn, Zn, Cd; Tt = Si, Ge, Sn; Pn = As, Sb). ...