SearchSkip to Search Results
- 7Public opinion
- 4Foreign economic relations
- 2Canada, Alberta
- 1Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
- 4China Institute
- 4China Institute/Albertans' Views on China
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
Science Communication in Transition: Genomics Hype, Public Engagement, Education and Commercialization PressuresDownload
This essay reports on the final session of a 2-day workshop entitled ‘Genetic Diversity and Science Communication’, hosted by the CIHR Institute of Genetics in Toronto, April 2006. The first speaker, Timothy Caulfield, introduced the intersecting communities that promulgate a ‘cycle of hype’ of...
A random sample of 1,032 Albertans, aligned with the Statistics Canada 2006 demographic profile of the Province of Alberta, completed an on-line survey with two elements: a conjoint best-worse survey, and a set of attitudinal questions. The goal of the CSI-OSRIN Oil Sands Survey (the survey) was...