During the week of September 24, we will be implementing some features to improve ERA. Some users may encounter errors when depositing or editing files. We apologize for any potential inconvenience, and will remove this message when we are done our maintenance upgrade!
SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Language acquisition
- 3Second language acquisition
- 2Corpus linguistics
- 25Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 25Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 3Linguistics, Department of
- 3Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 3Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
- 2Linguistics, Department of/Research Publications (Linguistics)
SSHRC IDG awarded 2016: The goal of this project is to develop foundational knowledge on the applicability of the learning perspective to account for interference phenomena when children perform language activities. We expect to learn more about the appropriateness of interpreting interference...
Connection Grant awarded 2015: Funding to support an academic conference entitled "Discourse Expectations: Theoretical, Experimental, and Computational Perspectives (DETEC)", at the University of Alberta, from June 17-19, 2015. The conference will address theoretical issues concerning what...
Background. Stuttered speech (e.g., th-ththth-th-ththth-the car) and typical disfluencies (e.g., thee uh car) have some similarities. Previous research describes a tendency in listeners to predict that a speaker will refer to an unfamiliar object, rather than a familiar one, when both are equally...