SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Surgery, Department of
- 1Surgery, Department of/General Surgery
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
Feed fermentation formulate gut microbiota of weanling pigs - Effects of exopolysaccharides and reutericyclinDownload
Enteric bacterial infections, especially post-weaning diarrhea, are among the most common diseases affecting pigs and economically significant in swine production. Antibiotics were a cost-effective method to treat and prevent these bacterial diseases. However, with concerns of the prevalence of...
Reutericyclin producing Lactobacillus reuteri modulates development of fecal microbiota in weanling pigsDownload
Lactobacillus reuteri is used as probiotic culture in food and feed applications; however, strain specific properties of L. reuteri that mediate probiotic activity remain unknown. This study aimed to determine effects of feed fermentation with exopolysaccharide and reutericyclin producing L....
The probiotic bacterium Lactobacillus plantarum species 299 reduces intestinal permeability in experimental biliary obstructionDownload
Aims: Extrahepatic biliary obstruction is associated with the failure of intestinal barrier function, allowing bacteria and other substances from the intestine to enter the circulation and initiate a systemic inflammatory response, causing impairment of organ function. Probiotic bacteria have...