SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Brewster, Daniel L
- 1Chang, W. J.
- 1Cordingley, Dean M.
- 1Crump, Susan Virginia.
- 1Donahue, R.
- 1Friesen, C.
- 4Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 4Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program/Journal Articles (Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering)
- 1Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of
- 1Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of/Alberta Research Centre for Health Evidence (ARCHE)
Recommendations for improved patients’ safety, specifically the safety of products containing potassium, are often based on practice guidelines and untested recommendations widely endorsed by various experts or organisations Valid and empirical evidence to support or discourage implementation of...
Can caffeine alter blood potassium concentration or the perception of pain and fatigue after a 1 km cycling sprint?Download
Caffeine is used by some athletes to improve endurance performance, however, the mechanism(s) by which caffeine elicits performance improvements have been unclear. The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of caffeine on pain perception, fatigue perception, plasma catecholamine...
Abstract: The objective of this study was to experimentally simulate interactions between liquid manure and soil in diffusion-dominant areas beneath earthen manure storage (EMS). A previous radial diffusion cell method was modified to include an anaerobic chamber that employed a plastic glove bag...
The escape response in zebrafish is mediated in part by the Mauthner cell and its two homologues, MiD2cm and MiD3cm. In adult fish, the Mauthner cell fires a single action potential when activated while the homologues fire multiple action potentials. Their distinct firing properties are partially...