SearchSkip to Search Results
- 472Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 218Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/AOSERP Reports
- 85Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 85Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 83Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Government of Alberta Reports
- 72Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
- 3Department of Mining, Metallurgical and Petroleum Engineering
- 2Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 2Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 2Department of Electrical Engineering
- 2Department of Physics
- 1Alberta Research Council
- 1Babadagli, Tayfun (Petroleum Engineering)
- 1Gingras, Murray (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 1Li, Zukui (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Liu, Qingxia (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Morgenstern, Norbert (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Pemberton, George (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
A cationic thermal sensitive polymer, poly[N-isopropylacrylamide-co-N-[3-(Dimethylamino)propyl]methacrylamide] (CP) of different molar ratios, known as CP05 and CP10 was synthesized in-house. By doping aluminum hydroxide (Al(OH)3) colloids into CP during the polymerization process, a novel hybrid...
In a short period of time, the conversation around handling woody materials – deadwood such as logs, branches and stumps – has shifted dramatically. From piling and burning, to mulching and now towards keeping ‘whole logs’ on sites. The changes have led to confusion and this guide is intended to...
A bibliography of the Athabasca oil sands Fort McMurray, Alberta area: Socio-economic and environmental studies. 1980 cumulated updateDownload
This is the fifth cumulated update of' a bibliography originally prepared in early 1974 at the request of Dr. S. B. Smith, who was at that time Chairman of the Research Secretariat, Alberta Department of the Environment, and who is presently Director of the Alberta Oil Sands Environmental...
A bibliography of the Athabasca oil sands Fort McMurray, Alberta area: Socio-economic and environmental studies. 1982 supplementDownload
This 1982 supplement to the 1980 cumulated update of \"A Bibliography of the Athabasca oil Sands, Fort McMurray, Alberta Area: Socio-Economic and Environmental Studies\" contains references to about 900 items. It lists journal articles received up to the end of November 1981 and reports received...
A total count of moose was attempted on Syncrude Canada Ltd. leases 17 and 22 in February 1977. Transects spaced at 0.4 km intervals were flown with a Hughes 500C helicopter. All seven marked moose known to be present on the area were seen, suggesting 100% observability during the survey. ...
By contract dated April 23, 1976 (Supply and Services Canada 04SZ. KH 601-5-1157) Acres Consulting Services was authorized to make the study, \"A Climatology of Low-Level Air Trajectories in the Alberta Oil Sands Area\". The study is part of the Alberta Oil Sands Environmental Research Program...
Studies concentrating upon the epilithic algal community were conducted in five tributary rivers flowing into the Athabasca river: the Muskeg, Steepbank, Hangingstone, MacKay, and Ells rivers. Numerically, cyanophycean algae (Lyngbya aerugineo-caerulea, Phormidium sp., Calothris braunii, Nostoc...
The central objective of the study entitled \"A Compendium of Socio-Economic Statistics for the Athabasca Oil Sands Region\" was to assemble data that would facilitate an understanding of the demographic and socio-economic impacts of oil sands development in the Fort McMurray area and, where...
Oil sand deposits are found at three depths; shallow, intermediate, and deep. Shallow deposits are processed by surface mining while deep deposits are processed using thermal extraction methods. There are currently no production methods to extract oil sand at intermediate depths. The...
This document is the interim report of a study entitled, \"A Conceptual Model for Study of Impacts of Oil Sands Development in the Fort McMurray Area\". The fundamental objectives to which the present report is addressed are as follows: develop an overall planning/policy information framework...