SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Asamoah, Stephen A.
- 1Bayley, S. E.
- 1Bolding, M. T.
- 1Bork, Edward W.
- 1Raab, Dustin Jeremy
- 1Rooney, R. C.
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 1Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Other Technical Reports (OSRIN)
This handbook describes tools used to assess and monitor the health or condition of reclaimed marshes in the oil sands region. It will guide users through the sampling methods, laboratory procedures, and data calculation steps necessary for measuring health indicators of permanent wetlands...
Effects of flood seasonality and frequency on northern pintail and other breeding ducks in managed prairie wetlandsDownload
Anthropogenic flooding to create wetlands is a management option intended to compensate for historical loss of natural wetlands in the Dry Mixedgrass Prairie of western Canada. It may help moderate or reverse declines in density of breeding Northern Pintails (Anas acuta L.) and other waterfowl....
Marsh reclamation in the oil sands of Alberta: providing benchmarks and models of vegetation developmentDownload
A key objective of the Alberta oil sands industry is to reclaim the post-mined landscape to “equivalent land capability” (Harris 2007). Vitt and Bhatti (2012) proposed a restoration framework for boreal disturbances. They suggested that to increase chances of achieving ecosystem equivalency and...
Reclamation of wetland habitat in the Alberta oil sands: generating assessment targets using boreal marsh vegetation communitiesDownload
Thousands of hectares of wetlands are being destroyed by oil sands mining in Alberta, and the industry must undertake wetland reclamation to compensate for these losses. Wetland vegetation has developed at some previously mined sites, however reclamation is thus far exploratory, and limited in...