SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 3Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive
- 3Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive/Northern North America Collection
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
The purpose of this participatory research was to explore connections with the land in an urban sport context among Indigenous youth. Two research questions guided this study: (a) What does a connection with the land look like in an urban sport context?, and (b) How can connections with the land...
Edmonton in situ is a multimedia project containing letters, poetry, images, WhatsApp threads, and essais. My aim is to explore the City of Edmonton/amiskwaciwâskahikan as a site of connective tissues between humans and non- or other-than-human beings. The work is necessarily convoluted and...
SSHRC Awarded Invited PG (stage 2) 2014: We propose to engage Canadians in a discussion of race, place, and the law. Canada continues to bear the legacy of a past in which racism held sway. The importance of race in shaping the very spaces we inhabit is epitomized by the events of World War...
Negotiating Rural Land Tenure: An exploration of influential factors in Maasai household decisions to hold land as individual private property in Ewaso Kedong, KenyaDownload
Rural land users in arid and semi-arid lands in Kenya find themselves in a period of history with unprecedented levels of change to the way land is held and accessed. In many pastoralists’ settings, including Kajiado County, rangelands are undergoing processes of fragmentation and enclosure...