SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Blacker, Sarah E.
- 1Colquhoun, Amy
- 1Fay Fletcher (Supervisor)
- 1Indigenous right to health
- 1Jeff Allen Productions, Inc.
- 1Littlechild, Wilton
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Integrative Health Institute (IHI)
- 1Integrative Health Institute (IHI)/2017 Integrative Health Institute Conference: Contemporary Insights for Optimizing Health
- 1Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 1Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
Abstract Written in an era that is witnessing an epistemic shift through which human health is increasingly being geneticized by North American science and medical institutions, this dissertation interrogates the discourses that make such a shift—and all of its material repercussions—possible....
Indigenous Health: Path to Reconciliation
Dr. Wilton Littlechild, IPC, CM, FP, QC, Granchief, Treaty 6 Nations addressed the 2017 Integrative Health Conference at the University of Alberta. Dr. Littlechild presented images of the Ermineskin Residential School and spoke of his 14 years in three different schools. He spoke of the...
School staff identified barriers, facilitators, and perceptions of implementing a school nutrition policy in a First Nation community schoolDownload
School health policies establish nutrition standards for schools and provide guidelines for the operation of a health-focused school environment. Little research has been conducted to understand implementation of school nutrition policies, and even fewer studies have assessed policy...
Whose burden? A comprehensive approach to describing burden of disease by synthesizing evidence from diverse perspectivesDownload
Epidemiologists tasked with addressing public concerns about a specific health issue and developing effective public health strategies aimed at reducing related health risks must begin by describing the extent of the health threat in the target population. Typical approaches use quantitative...