SearchSkip to Search Results
- 13Food security
- 6Canada, Alberta, Edmonton
- 4Food banks
- 3Poor families
- 2Food insecurity
- 7Edmonton Social Planning Council
- 3Edmonton Gleaners Association
- 1Catholic Social Justice Commission
- 1Citizens for Public Justice
- 1Daborn, Merissa L
- 1Edmonton Community Foundation
- 7Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)
- 7Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)/Food Security (Edmonton Social Planning Council)
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)/Poverty and Social Assistance (Edmonton Social Planning Council)
Assessing Energy Adequacy, Healthy Food Diversity, and Self-Reported Food Security in the United States, Canada, and IndiaDownload
In order to assess the effectiveness of public policy interventions (or lack of) aimed at food insecure households, an individual’s socio-economic and demographic status, energy adequacy, and healthy food diversity need to be better understood. Through a cross-country comparison (Canada, US and...
Home gardens are regarded as a way to improve the livelihood and nutritional security of small scale farming households in developing countries. Viable home gardens can improve the ability of small-holders and their communities to meet interrelated concerns of food, nutrition, health and...
My research uses a framework of vulnerability and community economy to understand how Inuit practices of sharing need to be reflected in federal food policies for Inuit to be able to meet their food needs. I specifically draw on the work of feminist theorists such as Judith Butler, and Erin...
This study examines the influence of the wage economy on food security in Paulatuk, NT, and aims to illustrate: a) how individuals are participating in the wage economy and traditional economy in Paulatuk, and in turn how this influences their ability to procure food from the land, as illustrated...
The Influence of Gender and Food Insecurity on the Eating Practices of Poor, Pregnant Women in Dhaka, BangladeshDownload
The purpose of this study was to investigate the interaction between rising levels of food insecurity in the urban setting and the existing gender structures and their impact on eating practices while pregnant. Using a focused-ethnography with a feminist approach in an urban slum in Dhaka,...