SearchSkip to Search Results
- 23Fatty acids
- 2Age at feedlot entry
- 2Electrospray ionization mass spectrometry
- 13Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 13Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 4Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch
- 4Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch/Journal Articles (Kinsella Ranch)
- 2Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 2Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 3Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 2Department of Medicine
- 2Department of Oncology
- 2Department of Pharmacology
- 1Department of Food Science
- 1Department of Foods and Nutrition
- 1Ambrose, Divakar (Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Baker, Kristi (Oncology)
- 1Bressler, David C. (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Dyck, Jason RB (Pediatrics)/ McAlister, Finlay A (Medicine)
- 1Foxcroft, George (Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Godbout, Roseline (Oncology)
Regulation of Anti-tumor Immunity in Colorectal Cancer by Interaction of Exosome Immune Complexes with Fc gamma ReceptorsDownload
Targeted therapy is difficult for colorectal cancer (CRC) due to lack of conserved tumor associated antigens (TAA). Immunotherapies for CRC directed at TAA that can overcome intestinal tolerance need to be developed to improve survival of CRC patients. Exosomes are extracellular vesicles secreted...
Project Report 2003-1
Antimicrobial activity in the egg wax of the tick Amblyomma hebraeum (Acari: Ixodidae) is associated with free fatty acids C16:1 and C18:2Download
Abstract: Untreated eggs of the tick Amblyomma hebraeum Koch (Acari: Ixodidae) exhibited antimicrobial activity (AMA) against Gram-negative but not Gram-positive bacteria; eggs denuded of wax by solvent extraction showed no AMA. The unfractionated egg wax extract, however, showed AMA against...
Brain fatty acid-binding protein and ω-3/ω-6 fatty acids: Mechanistic insight into the poor prognosis of malignant glioma cell migrationDownload
Malignant gliomas (MG) are highly infiltrative tumors that consistently recur despite aggressive treatment. Brain fatty acid-binding protein (FABP7), which binds docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (AA), localizes to sites of tumor infiltration and is associated with a poor prognosis...
Composition and correlation studies of fatty acids in seed oil of yellow sarson (Brassica campestris L.) cultivars and backcross derived zero erucic acid yellow sarson populationsDownload
The Yellow Sarson (Brassica campestris) cultivars of Bangladesh origin contain a high level (54%) of erucic fatty acid (C22:1). In the seeds of backcross derived zero-erucic acid Yellow Sarson populations, absence of erucic acid caused a simultaneous reduction in the content of arachidic (C20:0),...
Multiple sources suggest that insulin resistance and derangements of cardiac metabolism are among the earliest signs of type-2 diabetes detected in the heart. Unfortunately, limited evidence reflects early changes in cardiac mitochondrial metabolism linked to the development of this disease....
Heart failure is associated with major changes in cardiac energy metabolism that decrease cardiac efficiency, which can reduce cardiac function. In severe heart failure there is a shift back toward a fetal heart metabolism, with a decrease in mitochondrial oxidative metabolism and increase in...
Four Alpine does were used in a 4 × 4 Latin square design to determine the effects of feeding canola oil at four levels: 0, 2, 4 and 6% on milk fatty acid profile. The sum of C12:0 + C14:0 + C16:0(hypercholesterolemic fatty acids) decreased linearly and C18:0 + C18:1: C16:0 (indicator of...