SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Hierarchical modeling
- 2Non-indigenous species
- 2Propagule pressure
- 1Allee effects
- 1Biological Control
- 2Lewis, Mark A.
- 1Bampfylde, Caroline J.
- 1Goodsman, Devin W.
- 1Jerde, C.L.
- 1Jerde, Christopher L.
- 1Karst, J.
- 3Biological Sciences, Department of
- 3Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative/Journal Articles & Research Abstracts (Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
We formalize the establishment process for a sexual, semelparous organism through the use of hierarchical probability modeling from parameters of survival, probability of being female, probability of being fertilized, and expected fecundity.We show how to calculate the expected per capita growth...
Kura clover (Trifolium ambiguum) is a perennial legume species that has been found to have exceptional persistence in the United States, Australia and New Zealand. There are two challenges that impede the incorporation of Kura clover into pasture mixtures in Alberta. The first is the lack of...
1. Dispersal can push population density below strong Allee thresholds ensuring the demise of small founding populations. As a result, for isolated populations of dispersing organisms, the minimum founding population size that enables establishment can be quite different from the Allee threshold....
The process of nonindigenous species (NIS) arrival has received limited theoretical consideration despite importance in predicting and preventing the establishment of NIS. We formulate a mechanistically based hierarchical model of NIS arrival and demonstrate simplifications leading to a marginal...