SearchSkip to Search Results
- 11Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 11Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 3Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 3Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch
- 1Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch/Journal Articles (Kinsella Ranch)
- 3Department of Biochemistry
- 2Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 2Department of Food Science
- 1Department of Biological Sciences
- 1Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology
This thesis describes the development of two types of flow-through microreactors containing lipase immobilized onto either a hollow channel support within an optical microstructured fiber capillary (MSF) or onto a silica monolith within a fused silica capillary (SM). The large silica surface area...
Enhancement of lignocellulosic feedstocks and biorefinery byproducts for composite and polymer applicationsDownload
The volatility of the petroleum-based markets, increasing ecological concerns, and the accumulation of waste from the plastic industry have motivated a paradigm shift in research. Researchers are searching for sustainable, renewable, and competitive platforms ideally suited for replacement of...
Enzyme addition facilitates the post-disease compensatory growth of broiler chickens challenged with Clostridium perfringensDownload
In vitro incubation studies using a multicarbohydrase supplement showed a significant depolymerization of nonstarch polysaccharides (NSP) of soybean meal (SBM), canola meal and flaxseed meal, which was associated with the production of water-soluble NSP hydrolysis products. Effects of diet type...
Functional and topological analysis of yeast acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 2, an endoplasmic reticulum enzyme essential for triacylglycerol biosynthesisDownload
Acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase (EC 184.108.40.206) is a membrane protein present mainly in the endoplasmic reticulum. It catalyzes the final and committed step in the biosynthesis of triacylglycerol, which is the principal repository of fatty acids for energy utilization and membrane...
Optimization of the reaction conditions of two enzymes for use in a carbon sequestration process, and investigation into immobilization via encapsulation within polymersomesDownload
Carbon dioxide emissions from human activities contribute to an increase of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. In nature, this gas is sequestered through the use of enzymes found in the Calvin-Benson-Bassham cycle, with useful molecules such as sugars being synthesized as products. A biomimetic...