SearchSkip to Search Results
- 5Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 5Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1The Alberta Consortium for Motivation and Emotion (ACME)
- 1The Alberta Consortium for Motivation and Emotion (ACME)/Research Briefs (ACME)
- 1Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of
- 1Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of/Alberta Research Centre for Health Evidence (ARCHE)
- 1Gänzle, Michael (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Hwang, Sheau-Fang (Plant Pathology)
- 1Lambert, Robert (Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging)
- 1Lien, Dale (Medicine)
- 1Lloyd Dosdall (Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science)
- 1Medhat Nasr (Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development)
A Retrospective Analysis of the Safety and Efficacy of a 6-Week Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program in Patients with Severe Pulmonary Arterial HypertensionDownload
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) is progressive disease characterized by reduced exercise capacity and decreased quality of life. Despite the availability of disease targeted therapies outcomes remain sub-optimal. Pulmonary Rehabilitation has proven to improve outcomes in other chronic...
Inactivation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Candida humilis in Potassium Phosphate Buffer by Pulsed Electric FieldsDownload
Pulsed electric field (PEF) is a promising athermal food preservation technology, having the potential to provide a better balance between food safety and food quality. But the high cost of PEF treatment has limited the commercial application of this technology. The aim of this MSc thesis...
New options for Integrated Pest Management of Varroa destructor (Acari: Varroidae) in colonies of Apis mellifera (Hymenoptera: Apidae) under Canadian Prairie conditionsDownload
Varroa destructor Anderson & Truman 2000 (Acari: Varroidae) is an ectoparasite of Apis mellifera L. (Hymenoptera: Apidae) that is managed using the strategy of Integrated Pest Management to prevent A. mellifera colony mortality. New miticides for the Integrated Pest Management of V. destructor...
Background: Current vertebroplasty practices significantly vary due to differences in perceived effectiveness and safety of this interventional approach. Objectives: To assess the efficacy and safety of Percutaneous Vertebroplasty in relieving pain due to osteoporotic vertebral compression...
Sensitivity of Leptosphaeria maculans isolates to pyraclostrobin and assessment of fungicide efficacy in the management of blackleg of canolaDownload
Blackleg (Leptosphaeria maculans) disease is endemic to canola (Brassica napus) worldwide. With shortened canola rotations and increasing levels of blackleg in Alberta, Canada, growers may look to fungicides as an attractive disease management tool. However, the improper or intensive use of...
Steroids and bronchodilators for acute bronchiolitis in the first two years of life: systematic review and meta-analysis.Download
Objective To evaluate and compare the efficacy and safety of bronchodilators and steroids, alone or combined, for the acute management of bronchiolitis in children aged less than 2 years. Design Systematic review and meta-analysis. Data sources Medline, Embase, Central, Scopus, PubMed, LILACS,...