SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program/Journal Articles (Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering)
- 1Modern Languages and Cultural Studies, Department of
- 1Modern Languages and Cultural Studies, Department of/Journal Articles (Modern Languages and Cultural Studies)
- 1Art and Design, Department of
- 1Art and Design, Department of/Master's Theses (Art & Design)
Design and performance evaluation of vertical shafts: rational shaft design method and verification of design methodDownload
Ground deformations around axisymmetric shafts cannot be determined with the design approaches currently available, which are mostly based on plasticity methods. The convergence–confinement method (usually applied to tunnels), with consideration of gravitational effects and the three-dimensional...
We are in a field. It is dark outside and the only sounds are of the trees and grass rustling in the wind. A vigilant light is visible from a house window. It stands out in the darkness. We are drawn to it. The point of interest is the window itself and its capacity to show both the exterior as...