SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Arora, Nitin
- 1Bhattacharya, Sujit
- 1Chemello, Michaella
- 1Chong, Jeng Y.
- 1Chong, Jeng Yi
- 1Kresta, Suzanne M.
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Chemical and Materials Engineering, Department of
- 1Chemical and Materials Engineering, Department of/Research Articles and Materials (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1WISEST Summer Research Program
- 1WISEST Summer Research Program/WISEST Research Posters
Demulsifier Performance in Diluted Bitumen De-watering: Effects of Mixing and Demulsifier DosageDownload
Mixing conditions were explored as a possible avenue for improvement of demulsifier performance in solvent diluted bitumen de-watering process. The effects of demulsifier bulk concentration, demulsifier injection concentration and mixing energy on water and solids removal from the oil phase were...
The impact of mixing on water removal from diluted bitumen and bitumen froth is studied, with the goal of maximizing demulsifier performance. The relative effects of bulk concentration, mixing intensity, mixing time and injection concentration on the demulsifier performance are evaluated. A...
The impact of mixing on diluted bitumen de-watering is studied in two stages using a fractional factorial design of experiments. The first stage evaluates the relative effects of bulk demulsifier dosage, local maximum energy dissipation, and mixing time. The second stage of experiments evaluates...