SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
Local and regional demography in a migratory forest songbird and effects of forest management intensityDownload
The numerical response of forest birds to habitat alteration has been well documented in North America, but the underlying demographic processes driving these changes remain largely unknown. Among species sensitive to such alterations, the Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla) shows one of the largest...
The Earth’s forests are of great economic, ecological, and social importance, and sustaining them is paramount for mitigating climate change. To successfully sus- tain forests we must understand their internal demographic dynamics and their relationship to climate. In this thesis, I developed...
SSHRC IDG awarded 2014: The project focuses on historical analysis of indigenous Hawaiians' [Kanaka Maoli] submissions to Hawaiian language newspapers (1834 - 1948). In 19th century Hawaii, missionaries' leisure-discourses were intimately connected with colonial structures and judgments about...
A study of trapper demography, motivations, and trapping patterns was done in the area around Fort McMurray, Alberta for the Alberta Oil Sands Environmental Research Program. The objectives of the study were: (1) to establish baseline information;(2) to predict the future of trapping in the...