SearchSkip to Search Results
- 13Community development
- 2Canada, Alberta, Edmonton
- 1Aboriginal history
- 1Aboriginal peoples
- 3Edmonton Social Planning Council
- 1Boyle Street Community Services Interim Committee
- 1Dorsey, Candas Jane
- 1Environment Canada
- 1Hamm, Zane Elizabeth
- 1Health Canada
- 5Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 5Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 4Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)
- 4Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)/Community Development and Planning (Edmonton Social Planning Council)
- 2Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 2Sustainable Forest Management Network/Research Papers (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
Working Paper 2002-2
Community Response to Forestry Transition in Rural Canada: Analysis of Media and Census Data for Six Case Study Communities in New Brunswick and British ColumbiaDownload
The forest economy is in transition across Canada. Faced with high dollar values, increasing competition within the global market, high input costs for energy, labour and fibre, and growing expectations for environmental performance, the forest sector is undergoing significant economic...
This narrative inquiry uses the talking circle, a discourse process indigenous to the North American prairies, to explore the experiences of recent international migrants to rural Alberta. The immediate intention is to address questions of rural revitalization and the creation of welcoming...
Many rural Alberta communities face critical issues of sustainability including rural-urban migration by youth and young adults. Drawing on research in Alberta, this thesis identifies the factors influencing rural-urban migration and discusses ways of empowering communities. A survey of youth...
Women face many challenges upon release from prison and entering different communities, referred to as re-entry. Community programs are available to support them while they negotiate the challenges. The purpose of this study is to understand the impact that these programs have on the re-entry...