SearchSkip to Search Results
- 11Child care
- 3Early childhood education
- 2Canada, Alberta
- 2Canada, Alberta, Edmonton
- 2Day care centers
- 1Abu-Laban, Yasmeen
- 1Adkin, Laurie
- 1Charchun, Julianna Kim
- 1Community Task Force on Day Care
- 1Conroy, S.
- 1Edmonton Council of Community Services
- 5Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 5Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 4Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)
- 4Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)/Children, Youth and Family (Edmonton Social Planning Council)
- 1Political Science, Department of
- 1Political Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Political Science)
Adoption of the Alberta Nutrition Guidelines for Children and Youth: Assessing Organizational Behaviour Change in Childcare OrganizationsDownload
In 2008, the Alberta Government released the Alberta Nutrition Guidelines for Children and Youth as a resource for childcare facilities to translate nutrition recommendations into practical food choices. Using a multiple case study method, early adoption of the guidelines was examined in two...
Although a relationship between women’s work and use of child care is well-established, little is known about women’s beliefs about who (family or society) is responsible for this care. Using data from a province-wide survey, path analysis determined how beliefs about caregiving predict women’s...
Interest is growing in early learning experiences and in the quality of the child care young children are receiving. In 2005, the Alberta government introduced a voluntary child care accreditation program, the first of its kind in Canada. The purpose of this research is to describe how the...
The nursing care model represent important possibilities to develop the knowledge of nursing. However, there is no proposition that allow to verify the legitimacy of the care models. So, the objective of this study was to evaluate the Nursing Care Model for Children Victimized of Violence. The...
Movement behaviours, body mass index, and demographics of toddlers and preschoolers attending Alberta child care centresDownload
The overall objective of this thesis was to quantify levels of physical activity, sedentary behaviour and sleep (movement behaviours), and determine how they are related to body mass index (BMI) in toddlers and preschoolers, while considering the impact of demographic variables. A sample of...