SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative/Journal Articles & Research Abstracts (Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative)
- 1Modern Languages and Cultural Studies, Department of
- 1Modern Languages and Cultural Studies, Department of/Honours Theses (Modern Languages and Cultural Studies)
Social Theory Encounters Lines and Bodies: Engaging with the Visual Art of Betty Goodwin, Julie Mehretu, Guillermo Kuitca and Juan MunozDownload
This dissertation examines the lines in the work of four contemporary artists – Betty Goodwin, Julie Mehretu, Guillermo Kuitca and Juan Muñoz – and explores how these lines invite a particular kind of embodied viewing. Through this analysis of visual art and my own bodily engagements with the...
Motivated by the apparent ineffectiveness of feminist critiques to ameliorate my negative experiences of my body, this thesis investigates Michel Foucault’s understanding of experience and critique in an effort to explain this inefficacy. Caught between intuitions that my “stubborn” experiences...