SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Dr. Feral Temelli, Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science
- 1Dr. Michael Gänzle, Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science
- 1Dr. Thava Vasanthan, Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science
- 1Temelli, Feral (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Temelli, Feral (Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science)
- 1Touret, Nicolas (Biochemistry)
β-Glucan is a soluble fibre shown to help regulate blood sugar and lower cholesterol. Incorporation into food, particularly bread, may affect β-glucan’s physicochemical properties and health benefits. The journey of β-glucan through the mixing, fermenting, baking, and storage of bread was...
Pressurized gas-expanded liquid (PGX) technology is a supercritical fluid technique used for producing micro/nano-particles, agglomerates and fibers from an aqueous solution of a high molecular weight biopolymer, which can also be employed for encapsulation or impregnation. PGX-processed...
Fungal pathogens are recognized by Dectin-1, a pattern recognition receptor expressed on mammalian innate immune cells. Dectin-1 detects β-glucans, which are polymers of glucose that are a main component of the fungal cell wall. While purified, soluble β-glucans have been used in the clinic as...
Physicochemical properties and microencapsulation process development for fish oil using supercritical carbon dioxideDownload
Fish oil is an excellent source of long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LC-PUFA), which can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease in addition to other health benefits. However, the average intake of LC-PUFA in the Western diet is much lower than the recommended levels. Fish oil is prone to...