SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1University of Alberta Libraries – Free Access Resources
- 1University of Alberta Libraries – Free Access Resources/Free access e-resources
- 1Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology, Department of
- 1Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology, Department of/Project Reports (Resource Economics & Environmental Sociology)
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of/Journal Articles (Renewable Resources)
Assessing Impacts of Environmental Change on Aboriginal People: An Economic Examination of Subsistence Resource Use and ValueDownload
The report describes the research design, data collection and preliminary analysis of an economic assessment on non-timber resource use by Aboriginal People in Northwest Saskatchewan. The project is designed to develop methods of valuing resource use by Aboriginal People so that these values can...
Social Inclusion/Exclusion: Parents and Grandparents Participating in Community Development in Rural AlbertaDownload
Social inclusion/exclusion (SI/SE) has been described as a social determinant of health and an urgent matter of social (in)justice. SI/SE involves dynamic relational processes and structures that enable or constrain participation in community life. Many low-income families report barriers to...
This work is intended as an introduction to how school-teaching in northern Alberta may be affected by past and present conditions of nature, human settlement, and history of schooling in the region. Teacher education in Canada is served by different programs that reflect their provincial...
SSHRC IG awarded 2012: Few scholars would attempt to explain contemporary Canadian issues without reference to the massive changes of the twentieth century. Yet, Metis historiography has been dominated by 18th and 19th Century events (inside the discipline of history as well as out). This project...
A narrative inquiry approach was used to explore the experience of Aboriginal people living with type 2 diabetes mellitus in a rural community. Narrative inquiry based on hermeneutic phenomenological philosophy was the methodology used to guide the research.A purposive sample of 4 persons of...