SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of
- 2Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of/Journal Articles (Medicine and Dentistry)
- 1University of Alberta Libraries
- 1University of Alberta Libraries/Libraries Staff Publications
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
The poorer health status of First Nations, Inuit, Métis (FN/I/M) people in Canada is unacceptable and requires urgent attention. One potential means of improving FN/I/M health is to focus on improving training of medical students to enhance cultural safety. Experiential, community based...
In achievement settings, the types of motivation individuals develop are crucial to their success and to the ways in which they respond to challenges. Considering the competitive nature of medical education and the high stakes of medical practice, it is important to knowwhat...
SSHRC Awarded IG 2018: The goal of this research is to explore professionals' self-assessment and engagement in self-regulated training, using a medical education program as proxy for other professional training programs. Professionals must be able to stay current in skills and knowledge. Being...
Background: Medical school poses many pressures and challenges for individuals aspiring to health careers. Only some students, however, experience high stress and exhaustion, whereas others adaptively respond to schooling demands and engage in lifelong learning practices. By drawing on three...