SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2545Bryan, Alan L., Dr.
- 2543Gruhn, Dr. Ruth
- 2142Halpern, Joel Martin
- 1039Ward, Meghan
- 906Ball, Allen
- 878University of Alberta Department of Anthropology
- 2626Anthropology, Department of
- 2626Anthropology, Department of/Bryan/Gruhn Archaeology Collection
- 2142Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive
- 2142Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive/Northern North America Collection
- 906Documents of Contemporary War
- 906Documents of Contemporary War/Raw Images
Every winter, when the ice gets thick enough, people go onto lakes to fish through the ice. An ice auger is used to drill a hole in the ice through which people fish. Many families make it a weekend outing. Some have open bottomed tents to keep out of the wind. People drive vehicles out onto...
These reindeer boots were beaded with traditional designs by Anna Nikolaeva of Yakutsk Russia. Anna is the granddaughter of master beadworker Semenova Polina Ivanovna.
A paved bicycle path tracks alongside the highway over the nearly 100 km stretch between Rovaniemi and Tornio at the top of the Gulf of Bothnia. Wooden bus shelters were dotted along the highway, each painted the standard red seen on many Swedish and Finnish farm buildings. Both the bus...
The \"midnight sun\", or the period when the sun does not set, begins in early June at the Arctic Circle. This photograph was taken at 0:14hrs in Rovaniemi. The patios were full of people enjoying the extended light and there were many cyclists on the streets.