SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Serpe, Michael J.
- 2Gao, Yongfeng
- 2Ullah, Aman
- 1Abbasi Dezfouli, Meysam
- 1Ahiabu, Andrews
- 1Akin, Oguz
- 26Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 26Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 5Chemistry, Department of
- 4Chemistry, Department of/Journal Articles (Chemistry)
- 2WISEST Summer Research Program
- 2WISEST Summer Research Program/WISEST Research Posters
- 10Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 4Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2Department of Biomedical Engineering
- 2Department of Chemistry
- 2Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 2Choi, Phillip (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Antoniuk, Tim (Industrial Design)
- 1Backhouse, Chris (Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo)
- 1Boluk, Yaman (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Buriak, Jillian M. (Chemistry)
- 1Davies, Evan (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Hand injuries, due to impact, are common workplace injuries. Many work gloves afford impact protection through design of add-on components known as bumpers. Glove design criteria are complex (e.g., limitations from human factors, dexterity, use case, hand size variability) and commercial bumpers...
Targeting a single pathway is not enough to treat cancer because of compensatory mechanisms against anticancer therapy via alternative molecular pathways for survival and proliferation of malignant cells. Given the unacceptable toxicity associated with conventional therapy, nucleic acids such as...
A novel nopoldiol-benzoxaborolate cross-link formed by a bioorthogonal click reaction between nopoldiol- and benzoxaborole-based components was developed for the preparation of biomaterials such as hydrogels and nanogels. In contrast to the traditional boronic ester-based cross-links, this...
Investigation Using Polymer Additives to Mitigate Erosion in Multiphase Turbulent Pipe FlowDownload
Long chained polymers were evaluated for their impact on reducing pipe erosion during two-phase flow. The research study was compartmentalized into three categories. One of the components of this study investigated the erosion of different materials in an attempt to find a faster eroding...
Nanomechanical resonators are explored as mass sensors and molecular sensors due to their high sensitivity and real time label-free detection ability, respectively. One downside of mechanical molecular sensing is the lack of chemical information carried in the signal. For this reason, a...
Oilsands tailings are a waste product comprising primarily a stable alkaline suspension of clay in water. This waste product of oilsands mining is environmentally hazardous to store and expensive to safely dispose of. This work presents two novel ideas for dealing with the waste. The first is...
Dewatering of the oil sands mature fine tailings (MFT) is studied through pressure filtration following treatment by dual polymer flocculants. Polymer pairs consisting of anionic polyacrylamide (A3335) and cationic polyDADMAC (Alcomer 7115), and A3335 and non-ionic polyethylene oxide (PEO) are...
Sequential and controlled release of small molecules from poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) microgel-based reservoir devicesDownload
Serpe, Michael J., Wong, Ka Y., Ahiabu, Andrews, Gao, Yongfeng
Systems composed of a poly(N-isopropylacrylamide)-co-acrylic acid (pNIPAm-co-AAc) microgels (AAc-MG) and poly(N-isopropylacrylamide-3-(acrylamido)phenylboronic acid) (pNIPAm-co-APBA) microgels (APBA-MG) were used to sequentially release small molecules to a system in a controlled and triggered...