SearchSkip to Search Results
- 17Lukasewich, Megan
- 1Andre, Alestine
- 1Arcand, Jayde
- 1Auger, Darlene P.
- 1Badry, Dorothy
- 1Baker, Janelle
- 8Food prices - Arctic Regions
- 5Food sustainability - Northern Canda
- 4Food prices - Northern Canada
- 4Grocery prices - Northern Canada
- 3Canada, Northwest Territories, Aklavik
- 3September, 2016
- 13CANHelp Working Group
- 13CANHelp Working Group/Photographs (CANHelp Working Group)
- 3Canadian Circumpolar Institute
- 3Canadian Circumpolar Institute/Circumpolar Digital Image Collection
- 1Integrative Health Institute (IHI)
- 1Integrative Health Institute (IHI)/Wisdom Engaged: Traditional Knowledge and Northern Community Well-Being
These apples were for sale in Aklavik, NT in September, 2016. Fuji apples were CAD$13.19/kg, large McIntosh apples were CAD$8.69/kg and small Gala apples were CAD$8.49/kg.
In the Inuvik Community Greenhouse, participants grow gardens in raised beds. This bed has tomatoes, lettuce, beets and kale.
Smoked white fish bought from local community member at the airport - Aklavik - June 2016
These vegetables were available for sale in Aklavik, NT, in Canada's Arctic. Prices were as follows: Cabbage green CAD$4.49/kg, cherry tomatoes CAD$7.29/1 pint, Iceburg lettuce CAD$5.95/each, tomtatoes clamshell CAD$4.79/4pk.
These boxes of pasta and cheese sauce (400 gr) were priced at $7.09 in Aklavik in September 2016.
Corn is among them many vegetables grown in the Inuvik Community Greenhouse.
Men hoist a solar panel to the roof of the Sittichinli Recreational Complex, Aklavik, NT.
This image shows a pond in the foreground and the buildings of the town of Aklavik in the background. Shot at 2:00 a.m., the image documents the continuous daylight received by this location in July.
A small motor boat is drawn up on the beach of the Peel Channel near Aklavik, NT. The Richardson Mountains are in the background