SearchSkip to Search Results
- 343Campbell, Sandy
- 8Beaudreau, Diane, biologist, artist
- 3Alberta Aviation Museum
- 3Inuvialuit Cultural Resource Centre
- 3Ivanova, Semenova Polina
- 1Behn-Smith, Daniele
- 343Canadian Circumpolar Institute
- 339Canadian Circumpolar Institute/Circumpolar Digital Image Collection
- 6University of Alberta Libraries
- 6University of Alberta Libraries/Libraries Staff Publications
- 3Canadian Circumpolar Institute/Circumpolar Collection
- 1Canadian Circumpolar Institute/50th Anniversary Celebration
- 55Canada, Northwest Territories, Yellowknife
- 37Russia, St. Petersburg
- 21September, 2016
- 15Public Art - Polar Regions
Spring break-up on the river creates ice dams and leave chunks of ice marooned on the river banks.
The Arctic Centre Library was relocated in 2018 to the lower level of Arktikum House. The collection includes books, journals and electronic material on Arctic, Antarctic and northern issues.
This brightly painted reindeer was one of several artworks on the street near the Arctic Light Hotel in Rovaniemi.
Norwegian currently has 8 Norwegian Air Boeing 737 MAX 8s in its fleet of about 150 aircraft. One of the most identifiable characteristics of this aircraft are the "winglets" or wingtip structures which reduce drag. The aircraft seats 189 passengers and has two pilots and a 4 person cabin...
The Jamtli Museum in Ostersund, Sweden holds the Överhogdalsbonaderna or Överhogdal Weaves. The weavings, dated to between 800 and 1100 AD, were created on this kind of loom. In this replica example, the warp threads are tautened by the weight of rocks tied to the threads at the bottom. The...
This is a surface mine, so the entrance is the top of a long covered stairway that descends the surface of the hill and leads out onto a hillside strewn with shattered rock. The stairway and cover are made of wood. A peeled rail fence runs along the edge of the hill to the entrance. The sign on...
This flower and herb garden is on the southeast corner of the Church Pond (kirkkolampi). In spite of its high latitude (66.5039° N), this garden includes many typical garden plants: irises, peonies, columbines, poppies, saxifrag, and dragon's head. This image shows a collection of columbines in...