SearchSkip to Search Results
- 351Campbell, Sandy
- 8Beaudreau, Diane, biologist, artist
- 4Ivanova, Semenova Polina
- 3Alberta Aviation Museum
- 3Inuvialuit Cultural Resource Centre
- 2Ruben, Abraham Anghik
- 57Canada, Northwest Territories, Yellowknife
- 37Russia, St. Petersburg
- 21September, 2016
- 15Public Art - Polar Regions
- 339Canadian Circumpolar Institute
- 339Canadian Circumpolar Institute/Circumpolar Digital Image Collection
- 10School of Library and Information Studies
- 10School of Library and Information Studies/Digital Library North
- 6University of Alberta Libraries
- 6University of Alberta Libraries/Libraries Staff Publications
Spring break-up on the river creates ice dams and leave chunks of ice marooned on the river banks.
This flower and herb garden is on the southeast corner of the Church Pond (kirkkolampi). In spite of its high latitude (66.5039° N), this garden includes many typical garden plants: irises, peonies, columbines, poppies, saxifrag, and dragon's head. This image shows a collection of columbines in...
This snowplane, built in 1932 by Fudge Snow Sedans of Moosomin, Saskatchewan. It is currently on display at the Reynolds Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta (R 2007.005.0001). A Ford Model A engine mounted on the exterior back of the vehicle drives a propeller. The vehicle travelled on four...
Norwegian currently has 8 Norwegian Air Boeing 737 MAX 8s in its fleet of about 150 aircraft. One of the most identifiable characteristics of this aircraft are the "winglets" or wingtip structures which reduce drag. The aircraft seats 189 passengers and has two pilots and a 4 person cabin...
This brightly painted reindeer was one of several artworks on the street near the Arctic Light Hotel in Rovaniemi.