SearchSkip to Search Results
- 33880Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 33880Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 105St. Stephen's College
- 58St. Stephen's College/Department of Psychotherapy and Spirituality (St. Stephen's College)
- 25St. Stephen's College/Department of Theology-MTS (St. Stephen's College)
- 22St. Stephen's College/Department of Theology-DMin (St. Stephen's College)
- 1903Department of Educational Psychology
- 1721Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 1457Department of Chemistry
- 1381Department of Computing Science
- 1301Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1264Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
This thesis work concerns the viscous fingering instability occurring during immiscible fluid-fluid displacement experiments using a novel radially-tapered fluidic cell. We use modified Hele-Shaw cells where a negative depth gradient is introduced by tapering the upper plate, so that the gap...
The navigation task for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), such as quadrotors, in an indoor environment becomes challenging as the global positioning system (GPS) and the magnetometer may provide inaccurate aiding measurements and the signals may get jammed. The navigation system design in this...
This thesis applied a combination of machine learning and computer vision to an engineering research project, using a two-armed Baxter robot hardware platform. The challenge was estimating the robot arm’s joint angles from monocular camera images. After evaluating several methods from...
Vision-assisted behavior-based construction safety: Integrating computer vision and natural language processingDownload
Background: Construction sites can be hazardous places. Behavior-based safety is a method to optimize workers’ behaviors and improve site safety. Previous behavior-based safety has been criticized for their low efficiency because of manual observation. The community has conducted enormous studies...