SearchSkip to Search Results
- 475Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 221Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/AOSERP Reports
- 83Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Government of Alberta Reports
- 72Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
- 61Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Syncrude Canada Ltd. Reports
- 29Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 5Article (Draft / Submitted)
- 4Research Material
- 2Conference/Workshop Presentation
- 1Article (Published)
- 10Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 8Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 5Department of Renewable Resources
- 2Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- 1Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2Ulrich, Ania (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 2Zeng, Hongbo (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Askari-Nasab, Hooman (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Choi, Phillip (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Choi,Phillip (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
On May 30, 1968 G.C.O.S requested permission to discharge 110 x 106 ft3 of effluent from the sands tailings pond at the Fort McMurray site into the Athabasca River during periods of high river flow. G.C.O.S. outlined the events which made this request necessary in order that an adequate base be...
The Athabasca River serves as a source of water supply and a receiving stream for the wastes of two major industries and several communities. This report presents the summary of water quality in the Athabasca River during six sampling surveys (including a site at Fort McMurray, Tar Island, above...
Five sampling surveys were conducted on the waters of the Athabasca River and its tributaries during the winter of 1969 - 1970. Samples were taken to analyze the river waters for chemical composition and bacteriological constituents on a regular basis. Loadings of Biochemical Oxygen Demanding...
Athabasca tar sands study: Interim report on environmental constraints and research priorities for mining/hot water extraction technologyDownload
Recommendations: 1. Determine the location and capacity of natural drainage basins (if any) within the mineable area which could be dedicated to the storage of tailings without detriment to the environment. 2. In future the storage of tailings in dyked ponds on the banks of the Athabasca River...
The basic premise is that the demand for synthetic crude oil is from markets external to Canada, consequently one primary objective and five secondary objectives are suggested: 1. Alberta should regulate and control the Athabasca tar sands development for the socio-economic benefit of Albertans....
Some chemical and physical properties of soil materials associated with the reclamation of mined tar sands areasDownload
This document consists of two tables providing chemical and physical properties of soil, peat, overburden, spent sand and lean tar sand from Syncrude and Suncor.
Contains the following chapters: Existing Facilities Location of Transportation Facilities Pipeline and Powerline Impact Rural Agricultural Area The Environmental Impact Analysis Corridor Cross-Section Cost Analysis Inter-Party Responsibilities in Utility Corridor
It is the purpose of this report to examine existing legislation to determine (1) what machinery is available for the creation of a transportation corridor, (2) what problems accrue or could accrue by virtue of that legislation. Examination of this area raises several questions: (1) what is the...
The Honourable Mr. Yurko has requested the Conservation and Utilization Committee to establish an interdepartmental task force or project team with additional membership from the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry and others, if necessary, to define our applied research proposal which the...
During project planning, Syncrude Canada Ltd. became concerned for possible archaeological resources which might be endangered by its development in Athabasca Tar Sands Lease #17. Proposals were solicited by Syncrude for assistance in conducting a survey of the Lease #17 area to determine its...