Environmental Impact Assessment Reports
Environmental Impact Assessment reports for large industrial disturbances such as oil sands mines and processing plants have been required under the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (and predecessor legislation) since 1973. Reports submitted since 2001 in digital format are available at <a href="https://external.sp.environment.gov.ab.ca/DocArc/EIA/Pages/default.aspx.">https://external.sp.environment.gov.ab.ca/DocArc/EIA/Pages/default.aspx</a>. This Collection contains earlier oil sands mine and plant site Environmental Impact Assessment reports. OSRIN appreciates the efforts of Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development and Alberta Government Library staff in providing the materials to be digitized.
Items in this Collection
- 1Attached 1 - 0-1 - Enviromental Impact Assessment Summary for Muskeg River Mine
- 1Attached 10 - 5-2 - Aquatic Resources Baseline Study for the Muskeg River Mine
- 1Attached 11 - 5-3 - Ecological Land Classification Baseline for Muskeg River Mine
- 1Attached 12 - 5-4 - Terrain & Soil Baseline for the Muskeg River Mine
- 1Attached 13 - 5-5 - Terrestrial Vegetation Baseline for the Muskeg River Mine
Shell Canada Limited (Shell) is applying to the Alberta Energy and Utilities Board (EUB) and Alberta Environmental Protection (AEP) for approval to construct, operate and reclaim a $1.2 billion oil sands mine and processing facilities on the western portion of Oil Sands Lease No. 7277080Tl3...