SearchSkip to Search Results
- 349Hill Times Publishing
- 270Toronto Stock Exchange
- 50Marian Gould Gallagher Law Library
- 40Lisac, Mark
- 40MSL Publishing
- 29British Library. Bibliographic Services Division
- 259Toronto Stock Exchange--Periodicals
- 258Stock exchanges--Canada--Tables--Periodicals
- 50Bibliography, National--Great Britain--Periodicals
- 50Law--United States--Periodicals--Indexes
- 957Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 957Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 803University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources
- 258University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/Daily Record (Toronto Stock Exchange)
- 248University of Alberta Libraries Licensed Resources/Parliament Now
- 74Nursing, Faculty of
In this study I use John Milton’s notion of the “fit” reader as a guide to the theology and politics of reading in his early prose and late poetry. Throughout, I suggest that this reader functions as a site of contradiction within Milton’s writing, one that is indebted to a Protestant tradition...
"The Difference", a novel: In 1908, a Canadian woman on a clipper ship in the south Pacific buys a small boy for four pounds of tobaccoDownload
SSHRC IG awarded 2013: Over the next three years, I will research the first draft of a new novel. The Difference will examine the actions of a Canadian woman in 1908, wife of a clipper ship captain, who buys a small Tongan boy for four pounds of tobacco. The research required for The Difference...
This thesis examines the Theatre for Development (TfD) initiatives of UK theatre practitioner Jane Plastow in Eritrea. In particular, it focuses on the Eritrean Community-Based Theatre Project, a project undertaken by Plastow in collaboration with the Eritrean government in the mid-1990s that...
This interdisciplinary dissertation makes an original contribution by examining the sleepwalker in terms of medical, legal, and cultural categories in literature, film, and opera. It addresses medical research and medico-legal contexts in relation to diagnostic power and institutional authority...
This study explores the ways in which moshing and extreme metal music reflects and informs the social worlds of metal fans. The research project incorporates narrative ethnography which offers the opportunity to explore how underground subcultural practices contribute to our understandings of how...
Numerous investigations have suggested that dysregulation of the neurotransmitter glutamate (Glu) plays an important role in certain neuropsychiatric disorders, like depression. Pregnancy and the postpartum period are associated with the most substantial physiological alteration of female...
Presentation given by David Carlson (former Director, International Polar Year Program Office) at the 2012 University of Alberta Campus Data Summit, March 22-23, 2012. (Please note: the presentation, questions and discussion are in separate files).