SearchSkip to Search Results
- 230Department of Public Health Sciences
- 72Department of Medical Sciences
- 1Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science
- 1Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 1Department of Economics
- 1Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- 2Elamy, Abdel-Halim H
- 2Wang, Jian
- 1Adams, Denise
- 1Al Sayah, Fatima
- 1Al-Ahmadi, Somaia
- 1Alam, Shomoita
- 6Yasui, Yutaka (Public Health Sciences)
- 4Senthilselvan, Ambikaipakan (Public Health Sciences)
- 3Dinu, Irina (Department of Public Health Sciences)
- 3Senthilselvan, Ambikaipakan (Department of Public Health Sciences)
- 2Beach, Jeremy (Department of Medicine)
- 2Davis, Faith (School of Public Health)
Waiting Time Intervals for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment in Alberta: Quantification of Intervals and Identification of Risk Factors Associated with DelaysDownload
Background: Very little is known regarding the time required to diagnose and treat patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) in Canada. Prompt diagnosis and treatment is critical for optimizing the quality and effectiveness of NSCLC care. Purpose: To quantify the duration of diagnostic...
Canadian research on the phenomenon of waterpipe (WP) use has been slow to develop. Significant knowledge gaps have hampered tobacco control efforts in this area. This thesis presents results from three multidisciplinary studies that were designed to provide fundamental knowledge about WP use. ...
Introduction: “Pain coping” refers to cognitive and behavioral pain management methods. Little is known about the determinants of coping style. Objective: To investigate factors predicting coping in whiplash-associated disorders (WAD) and onset of severe neck/low back pain. Methods: In secondary...
Whose burden? A comprehensive approach to describing burden of disease by synthesizing evidence from diverse perspectivesDownload
Epidemiologists tasked with addressing public concerns about a specific health issue and developing effective public health strategies aimed at reducing related health risks must begin by describing the extent of the health threat in the target population. Typical approaches use quantitative...
Background: In Pakistan, abortions occupy a highly contentious space. Legal and religious restrictions have created a substantial social stigma around this procedure. Irrespective of this restrictive environment however, women continue to pursue abortion services often turning to clandestine...