SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of
- 2Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Agricultural, Life, and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of
- 1Agricultural, Life, and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of/Rangeland Research Institute (RRI)
A winter city is any urban centre that experiences a long, dark, cold, and/or snowy winter. The Winter Cities movement is a more precise concept, referring to cities taking an active role in becoming more appealing and functional in winter, primarily through physical interventions. The movement...
River ice processes are among the most important subjects of study for hydrotechnical engineers in cold regions. This is because extremes of both minimum flow (impacting fish habitat and the concentration and transport of pollutants) and maximum water levels (impacting channel geomorphology and...
Weather is an elementary and fundamental characteristic of place. In any given place we encounter the materiality of weather, local meanings attached to weather, and practices adopted in response to living with weather. Winter cities are places defined by their weather—long, cold winters that can...