SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch
- 2Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch/Journal Articles (Kinsella Ranch)
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of/Journal Articles (Renewable Resources)
- 1Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation, Faculty of
- 1Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation, Faculty of/Behavioural Medicine & Health Psychology (Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation)
A longitudinal and cross-sectional examination of the relationship between reasons for choosing a neighbourhood, physical activity and body mass indexDownload
Abstract: Background: The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between body mass index and neighborhood walkability, socioeconomic status (SES), reasons for choosing neighborhoods, physical activity, fruit and vegetable intake, and demographic variables. Methods: Two studies,...
The effect of winter weight loss in Hereford cows on calf birth weight and performance to weaning was examined over a period of 4 yr. The average winter weight loss of cows (60 + 36.2 kg mean += SD) over the period of this study had a significant effect (P < 0.001) on calf birth weight, but no...
1233 April/May born calves were weaned either on 30 Sept. (EW) or 31 Oct. (LW) to assess the effects of weaning date on subsequent performance of their dams and female calves. Cows in the EW group lost less weight than those in the LW group in the month of October (0.003 vs. 0.48 kg d−1, P <...
Energy requirements of moose (AIces alces) and wapiti (Cervus elaphus) calves were compared from December to February to determine whether metabolic requirements were lower in a boreal-adapted than in a parkland-adapted wild cervid. Eight calves of each species were divided equally into groups...