SearchSkip to Search Results
- 5Canada--Nunavut [NWT]-- [Arviat [Eskimo Point]]
- 4Canada--Nunavut [NWT]--Igloolik
- 12Halpern, Joel Martin
- 2Lewkowich, David
- 2Mackey, Margaret
- 1Amyotte, Josee J.
- 1Anton, Kathryn F.
- 22Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 22Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 12Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive
- 12Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive/Northern North America Collection
- 4Toolkit for Grant Success
- 4Toolkit for Grant Success/Successful Grants (Toolkit for Grant Success)
- 4Department of Elementary Education
- 3Department of Educational Psychology
- 3Department of English and Film Studies
- 3Department of Psychology
- 2Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
- 2Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine
- 3Cummine, Jacqueline (Communication Sciences and Disorders)
- 2Kim, Esther (Communication Sciences and Disorders)
- 2Westbury, Chris (Psychology)
- 1Abbott, Marilyn (Educational Psychology)
- 1Boliek, Carol (Communications Sciences and Disorders)
- 1Boliek, Carol (Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology)
In this study I use John Milton’s notion of the “fit” reader as a guide to the theology and politics of reading in his early prose and late poetry. Throughout, I suggest that this reader functions as a site of contradiction within Milton’s writing, one that is indebted to a Protestant tradition...
A Focused Ethnography Exploring the Experiences of Immigrant Parents' Collaboration with School Personnel to Support Their Child’s Reading DifficultyDownload
A strong partnership with immigrant parents can help educators better support students who experience reading difficulties related to complications arising from differing cultural, social, linguistic, and orthographic systems of their native language. Unfortunately, parental involvement is...
A Narrative Inquiry into the Lived Curriculum of Grade 1 Children Identified as Struggling Readers: Experiences of Children, Parents, and TeachersDownload
My daughter’s experiences as a struggling reader awakened me to difficulties children live when they do not learn as expected in schools; she inspired this study. My research puzzle focused on the experiences of children identified as struggling readers in Grade 1 and on those of their parents...
The purpose of this project was to create an accessible online resource for families with the following goals: teach families how to create a low-tech AAC board that is simple to assemble; educate parents how to use the AAC board during shared book reading; provide parents with strategies to...
Comics and the Emotional Situation of Learning to Teach: Collaborative Reading and Encounters with Adolescent Life in Graphic NovelsDownload
SSHRC Awarded IDG 2016: Using graphic novels as our objects of inquiry, this project aims to address how the aesthetic experience of reading comics explicitly focused on adolescent life may be enjoyable, educative, and meaningful for adults becoming teachers.
Examination of Cerebral Hemodynamics of School-Aged Children Who Do and Do Not Stutter During Reading: a Near-Infrared Spectroscopy Pilot StudyDownload
This exploratory pilot study examined the reliability of using functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS) to evaluate cerebral hemodynamic responses of oxygenated hemoglobin (HbO2), deoxygenated hemoglobin (HHb), hemoglobin difference (HbDiff) and total hemoglobin (tHb) in the left inferior...