SearchSkip to Search Results
- 6Queer youth
- 5Gender minorities
- 5Sexual minorities
- 5Sexual minority students
- 4Inclusive education
- 5Wells, Kristopher
- 1Allan, Carol
- 1Canadian Teachers' Federation
- 1Children's Services and Education
- 1Grace, Andre P.
- 1HIllyard, Alexis
- 6Equity Diversity Inclusion Community (EDI)
- 5Institute for Sexual Minority Studies and Services (iSMSS)
- 4Institute for Sexual Minority Studies and Services (iSMSS)/Outreach Materials (iSMSS)
- 4Equity Diversity Inclusion Community (EDI)/Presentations and Outreach Materials (Equity Diversity Inclusion)
- 1Institute for Sexual Minority Studies and Services (iSMSS)/Journal Articles (iSMSS)
- 1Equity Diversity Inclusion Community (EDI)/Research Materials (Equity Diversity Inclusion)
The role of the modern school counsellor is increasingly complex, multifaceted and vital in the creation of healthy, vibrant and resilient schools. Because of their diversity of experiences, school counsellors are in a unique role to be leading change agents and advocates for inclusion, human...
Homophobic bullying is defined as bullying behaviours that are motivated by prejudice against a person’s actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender. You don’t have to be a sexual minority to identity. You don’t have to be a sexual minority to become a target. For example, while using...
First published in 1994 and revised in 2003 and 2008, the Public Health Agency of Canada’s Canadian Guidelines for Sexual Health Education (Guidelines) were developed to assist professionals working in the area of health promotion and sexual health education in programming which supports positive...
Safe spaces campus climate survey report: Gauging the environment for sexual and gender minorities at the University of AlbertaDownload
Institute for Sexual Minority Studies and Services (ISMSS)
The Canadian Teachers’ Federation continues to support the right of all students, teachers, and parents to a safe, inclusive, and welcoming school environment. The learning atmosphere of a school is dependent on a broad environment of social interaction within a diverse community of human...
The Marc Hall Prom Predicament: Queer Individual Rights v. Institutional Church Rights in Canadian Public EducationDownload
In 2002 Marc Hall’s principal denied him permission to take his boyfriend to his Catholic high‐school prom. In examining the politicization of the ensuing prom predicament, we critique Catholicized education and what we perceive to be the Catholic Church’s efforts to privatize queerness as it...