SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Population Dynamics
- 1Grus Americana
- 1Integro-Differential Equation
- 1Anderson, Kurt E.
- 1Boyce, M. S.
- 1Kirchberger, Paul C.
- 1Lewis, Mark A.
- 1McCauley, Edward
- 1Miller, R. S.
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of
- 1Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of/Research Publications (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
Population dynamics of Vibrio cholerae and its close relative Vibrio metoecus in an aquatic ecosystemDownload
Vibrio cholerae, because of its role as the causative agent of cholera pandemics, is an extraordinarily well studied microorganism. Decades of research have uncovered a plethora of molecular mechanisms and a wealth of genomic information related to the organisms’ lifestyle as a pathogen. V....
Much ecological research involves identifying connections between abiotic forcing and population densities or distributions. We present theory that describes this relationship for populations in media with strong unidirectional flow (e.g., aquatic organisms in streams and rivers). Typically,...